Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Beginning of the Story

It all started in September. I am unsure of the exact date that I took the pregnancy test, but I didn't really need it. I knew I was pregnant. I had been waiting for months to have that feeling again. We lost our first child to miscarriage earlier in the year, and had been praying for another. I took the test and immediately thanked Jesus. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face! I told my husband (Chris) the good news. He was just as excited and nervous as I was.
Over the next couple of weeks, as we anxiously awaited our first ultrasound, we prayed. We prayed against a miscarriage, we prayed for the kind of person that this baby might be, and we prayed that God would be glorified by this baby. I just knew this one was going to be special.
At our 8 week check up they did an early ultrasound. Because of my miscarriage, they just wanted to make sure that everything was ok and put my mind at ease. When I saw her on that screen, I immediately fell in love. That tiny little body inside of me had a strong beating heart, and the doctor said everything looked wonderful. She was measuring right on track, and her heart was beating just as fast as it should at that stage. I breathed a sigh of relief as we left the doctor that day, and I let myself begin to imagine what this baby would feel like and smell like. I was so excited to be a mom! She was always on my thoughts, and I prayed constantly for her. Our next check up was fine too. Her heart was beating exactly at the right beats per minute, and I was growing right on track. We picked out names, and began the countdown to the 20 week ultrasound where we would get to find out we were having.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Your Hands" by JJ Heller & "Safe" by Phil Wickham and Bart Millard